Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Wondergirls.....

And I (almost) quote Tenacious D, " This one is for the ladies. But fellas, check closely. "..... :)

1. I was born to Vernon and Vernita. I got pregnant at 14, gave birth to a child who died young. O own the television channel " Oxygen " and a charity organisation called The Angel Network. My best friend is Gayle King, with whom, allegedly, I have homosexual relations. Who am I ?

Ans: OPRAH WINFREY



2. A sitter. Identify me.

Ans: AUNG SAN SUU KYI. The Burmese Nobel Peace Laureate.






3. Immortalised in the West by the documentary , Something Beautiful For God, my name means " Rosebud ". My organisation's first branch in the USA was opened at South Bronx, NY and now has missions in more than 100 countries. During the siege of Bierut in 1982, I brokered a temporary peace between the Israelis and Palestinians and went to the warzone myself to rescue 37 children. Who am I ?

Ans: MOTHER TERESA.. Where r u mother, we need you down here..


4. My father died at the age of 17 leaving me to rule over a vast kingdom. I died because an "asp" bit me.I have been depicted many a time on the canvas in television and in movies. Who am I ?
( This image is not her original image. Its a photograph of a work depicting the lady in question.)

Ans: CLEOPATRA..


5. I am the only female on Forbes top earning dead celebrities list. My death is classified as a " Probable Suicide " . When my nude pictures appeared in the media and a journalist asked me what was it that I wore in bed I replied, "Chanel No. 5." When asked what I had on during the photo shoot, I replied, " The radio. ". My last significant public appearance was when I sang a birthday song for a person whom i was,allegedly, involved in a romantic relation. Who am I?

Ans: MARILYN MONROE... The origina; " Dumb Blonde "

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1)Oprah
3)Cleopatra
4)marlyn monroe

Jagriti said...

gudness me.i know all of 'em
1.oprah winfrey..i guess.
2.aung san suu kyi.
3.mother teresa..my idol
4.cleopatra
5. marilyn monroe..iread her biography.......
i m waiting 4 d kudos!!!

Philip said...

I guess somebody's already given all the answers!

Suggestion: Why don't you hold the comments for a couple of days so that ppl like me who want to give it a shot do no get a spoiler when they see all the answers?
You can put in a comment listing who all have responded and how many each got correct till you publish the comments.

Mayur said...

1. Oprah
3. Mother Teresa

Unknown said...

1. Oprah Winfrey
2. Aung San Suu Kyi
3. Mother Teresa
4. Cleopatra
5. Marilyn Munroe

/*---------- GOOGLE ANALYTICS SCRIPT ------------*/ /*--------- GOOGLE ANALYTICS SCRIPT ENDS ------------*/